If your arduino Uno (that has only 6 ADC pins) is restricting you from buying a better 8 or 10 IR based analog line detection sensor, this product is for you. It’s similar to the polulu QTR-8RC sensor, but contains more IR sensors. It has 1cm spacing between IR sensors and got a total of 10 sensors. The signal pins can be connected to any digital/analog pin of any arduino board.
Unlike other digital line follower sensors that use op-amps as comparator and provide only 1 & 0 as signal, it provides 0-4096 by using capacitor discharge time. That means this digital sensor can provide outputs like an analog sensor. It can measure white & black & all the greyscale colors in-between.
• Features TCRT500 that has effective plastic packaging and built-in sunlight effect compensation.
• 1 cm spacing between two adjacent sensors, covering 9cm distance by the entire sensor array.
• Recommended operational height from ground 3mm-50mm. (height of IR sensors tip, not the PCB).
• Generates high discharge time for black surface and low discharge time for white surface on signal pins.
• Large value difference for white and black surface at recommended operational height from ground.
• Can be used with any microcontroller and any arduino board.